My outfit(s) 👙🧣👗👖 for the 6th & 7th of February - 🦋🦆🇬🇧🌈🌻 - amidst other stories …

 Good evening everyone ! 

I only have a limited amount of time to write this blog post, which is fine because I do not have much to say - all I am to do is report on my outfit for today and talk about some funny encounters I had today whilst walking to meet my dad. I have to go volunteer at church at 18:30PM, which I have to get ready for ; it’s in my best interest to get this blog out today in the later evening so I’m writing in advance, for my own peace of mind.

This was my outfit for today !



I think my five minute edit really adds a certain “UMPH” to this photo ha ha ha ha , thank you to my dad for taking this photo of me outside of Sainsbury’s the brick wall and background certainly screams England.




EDIT : my shoes are tied horrendously. I usually bar lace my boots, but I rushed out of the house to put my shoes on, so I haphazardly slammed into the boots, not untying them properly. That’s why the tongues of my boots are in disarray and the lacing at the top is pitiful. Trust me it hurts me too.


I can positively say that this was a more eclectic look compared to the one I wore yesterday, let me see if I can find a video or photo of my outfit from yesterday. Whilst I go to find said video, you can take this GIF of me documenting the top part of outfit whilst walking.


 
Influencers all over the world are threatened and fearful (( !!! )) It must be because “I love wimpy parties”, I have three wimpy party badges of the same design. They are up there in terms of favourite badges, I am super elated to own these pin bagels. Hooray to questionable fashion statements ! I’m a bit of poser though, I have never been to a Wimpy restaurant myself …






Ah, okay I have found what I wore yesterday. Documenting what I have been wearing has been hard but not impossible, if I must be honest I have been quite stressed with school since the start of this week ( despite this week being my last at school until a “half term” which is my one week break ) so the photos I have gotten aren’t often the best and are very spontaneous. However, we all start somewhere, and over time my documentation will become more aesthetically pleasing and focused. 

Thank you for being patient with me guys !


This was what I wore this Monday, so that would be the 6th of February. I’m a big fan of wearing two scarves, one more decorative and one more functional. My rainbow one being a lot more functional. I really liked my outfit yesterday, even if it was extremely simple by my standards. Simple can be nice !


Must always be colourful though !


Here’s the obligatory, grainy GIF of me dancing which shows the bottom portion of my outfit. I’m a big fan of layering aren’t I ? Not too sure what was going through my head when I put together this outfit but I think it meshes together well enough.


Ha ha ha, skirt and trousers combo - it works to me ! You can see here unlike in the previous photo of my outfit that I am wearing my jacket in this one - I would say this is the main jacket I wear to school alongside a burgundy corduroy one which will probably make an appearance in later blogs. Just realising I forgot to clasp my bag whilst filming this, it’s a cute bag but I wonder why I didn’t properly clasp it. Thank God the zip is done !


Dancing is fun !

I had a quite a few funny interactions today wearing the outfit at the very top of this blog, it was quite sweet actually. 

One man randomly came up to me and said “I like your scarf” and dashed away. I too like my rainbow scarf. I said “thank you”, the best thing was that scarf was only £3. How quaint !

Then I had another encounter in quick succession to the last.


An older man, potentially in his 70s came up to me and tipped his hat. It was black or navy blue and wooly with a circular top and brim. Similar to a baker boy’s hat but it had far more volume, not Jamiroquai level volume but it looked relatively sturdy.

I then tipped my burgundy beret and sunflower hat back to him, and I did a gentleman-like bow for humours sake. Looking back on this decision I am not sure why I did that, it’s really not of my character to do so. Occasionally though, we all have random bursts of spontaneity in which we do actions unlike ourselves- Im sure everyone can relate to this sentiment.

He was an older man of English origin and he excitedly asked, 

“Where are you from ?”


Ha ha well, this is always an interesting question. I understand how the man phrased it, he’s an older guy from an older generation so it makes sense. But if you want to know someone’s ethnic background, just ask for their ethnicity. Here’s why.

Technically, I am “from” England, I was born here, I have lived here for my entire life and I have English citizenship, I do not have a Filipino passport. Ethnically, as I was born to two Filipino parents, therefore my ethnicity is Filipino. Young people of the world, I’d rather  you cut to the chase and ask me about my ethnicity. Less muddled in ts communication and the awkward follow-up question of :

“Where are you REALLY from ?”, which is once again code for asking about someone’s ethnicity can be avoided if people knew what they actually wanted to ask. 

But I’m not bitter, so I answered immediately to the man,

“Filipino!”



Because I knew he was most likely asking for my ethnicity, it turns out he most definitely was. A smile crept up upon his face, his eyes were set rather wide - akin to my own. I’m not sure why I remember that feature in particular but actually well, I do know why because I try nowadays to look people in the eyes when they speak to me, something I had trouble with when I was younger.

Then, he proceeded to pull out the most British joke.


“I assume you came here for the amazing weather!”


I cannot count on both hands how many times I have heard this joke said to my family, friends and myself. It’s quite interesting that he assumed I moved here at some point, it seems people don’t consider the possibility that I may have been born in England, which I most certainly was. It does not anger me, not at all - it’s just something to think about.

I laughed politely at his joke and he laughed back.

He then said I looked very handsome !





I have never been called “handsome” in particular before, I wasn’t entirely sure what it meant. I searched online and I couldn’t find anything concrete, although the top search proposed that sometimes ladies who are called “handsome” are sometimes called that as they aren’t conventionally attractive but still “interesting-looking” , which fit my costume to an extent.

I was flattered really, whatever the man meant by it. I suppose “skiyodu” is now handsome ! An esteemed member of the gentry in my past life mayhaps … 



Either way it was a fun interaction which had me thinking about a lot of things. Isn’t is so nice to just chit chat with other people, and encounter different people from completely different walks of life ? Something beneficial about dressing slightly “out there” , is that it’s a great conversation charger. When I started dressing less conventionally I thought people would be repelled, that they’d feel intimidated about the garments I donned - seeing me as an unapproachable sack of saturation. However, as I reflect on my appearance, I realised how many fun situations and unprompted conversations have arisen from people commenting on my clothing, whether negatively or positively. People think you operate with no fear mechanism when you submit yourself to counter-culture ; in many ways I do not operate with a fear mechanism, at least aesthetically. Don’t get me wrong though, I still have my fears, whether I’m with necklaces or no necklaces. 

 
I do prefer wearing necklaces though as opposed to without necklaces. This photo is not from today or yesterday, apologies, it’s more so an exemplar to show off my questionable taste. I’m a Haven WINNER - you know ?

Aish, I never manage to cap my blogs off in an interesting manner. You know what it always is ? Oh I’ll tell you what it always is. It’s the,

“I think that’s everything,”

or it’s the,

“I believe that’s the end of the blog,”

I now realise quoting myself saying these prototypical things is in fact not original. Effectively, I have now ended my writings the way I always do. I am sure I will find a new way, perhaps in a week, perhaps in a century. I’ll think about a way to cap off my blog.


Luckily, I have an inset day on Friday ! So I only have two days of school left until my half term instead of three, I will try and document my looks for these days like a diligent blogger and pump out quality blog posts ! I’m happy with my turnout for January, but I’m sure I can do better for February. It’s already looking bright for Cyd indeed.


Me circa 8PM this Tuesday. I am both awkward and tired, it’s time to listen to some music and simmer down. Brian Eno is fantastic, I’ve been listening to him for about an hour though and I need a break. Paavoharju is what I shall listen to next.

Everyone have a good night, here’s to a wonderful Wednesday and a loving week. Sending you all the warmth for this week !



Thank you once again for reading this blog post, have an excellent day, evening, afternoon or night - whenever you are in the world.

Bye bye for now !







,, FABULOUS (´。• ω •。`) ♡ ,, feature …

10 REASONS ,, why i ⁞ ✿ ᵒ̌ ᴥ ᵒ̌ ✿ ⁞ LURVE buckethead !!

  … deary me what am i doing … OH MY ,, ~``• here i dump all of my obsessions ,, and loves … i believe that i should try and focus my attent...