My Fantastical Thursday - 🐻🩻🌈📫🚘 …

 Aren’t I studious and dedicated ?

Two blog posts in rapid succession, day after day. Hm, I am truly a woman with a work schedule - or so I say, let us ignore the fact my schoolwork is in disarray and my folders are scattered and spontaneous. 

My day today was calm, my outfit today was lavish, my lessons today were easygoing, and my friends were lovingly friendly - as friendly as they always are in fact.

This was my outfit for today, I only managed to capture the top of my outfit with this post-school selfie, no funny dance at the school printer unfortunately. I know absolutely tragic …


I look okay in this photo. Big cheesy grin as per usual, colourful as per usual. I enjoyed my outfit for today ! I am trying to put effort into my appearance this week, I really want to feel good and positive when coming into school. This positivity wavers and pulsates often being replaced by more somber thoughts, but I try to use my clothing as a medium for generating joy.


For some bizarre reason, three thoughts were running through my head at the end of the day - those aforementioned three thoughts still residing in my brain at the time of writing my blog :

1. The Ronettes. Yeah a bit strange, I don’t really listen to the Ronettes nor do I know too much about them - besides their greatest hits. “Be My Baby”, their most popular song was just stuck in my head even though I don’t have a particular affinity for their music ? But hey, The Ronettes had fabulous hair, seriously amazing beehives.



See what I mean by amazing hair ?



2. I don’t know where I would like to reside in the future, or where I want to call “home”. I find life somewhat stressful, the honking of cars and the bumps of roads ; the dash to school and the strenuous work after school to prepare for the next day of school, where you do more things for school. This is a life I am accustomed to, which is bearable and relatively satisfactory, but I do wonder if I’d prefer a quieter life. I could live a content life amongst sheep painting for myself. But I know I should venture outside of my illusion of a comfort zone and not submit to wallowing inside a cottage for the rest of my life. Artistic work can occur in whatever environment I am in, whether I am stressed, relaxed or a median of the two. 



3. This is what I am currently thinking as I write out this blog. Glitter paper is an amazing invention - seriously, who came up with it ? Card in fact is a brilliant item, I love utilising coloured pieces of card when I do sketchbook work for Art. I love sugar paper, the hues of pink, green and purple which adorn the pages. Glitter paper is not something I use in my sketchbook, however when I am bored I like to stare at the stray pieces my family keeps in the draws. Modernity has its perks, it created thick pieces of coloured card in bulk. 

Enough lampooning about my current thoughts, let me show you some snapshots of my day. I am trying to make more regular blog posts and retrospectives on my day are a good way to catalogue my thoughts and also show some cute pictures.

A win-win sort of scenario if you will !

My day started off with an assembly, detailing a new school system which can account for everyone who’s registered into school’s location in case of a fire alarm. This new system is said to be on a similar level to NHS security, which is interesting. That was all the assembly focused on, and at the end we said a prayer to thank the God-send that is technology and all the brilliant things it has done for us, what joy !


Amen for technology !

I then had an English Literature lesson which I don’t remember having yesterday ? No I didn’t have English Literature yesterday, thank gosh my memory is semi-decent.


I sit next to Tanjipa ( who’s a “skiyodu” blog alumni ) in English and we are reading Tess of the D’urbervilles. I feel really bad now because pre-Chapter 30 I was slandering the book : it was boring and dull and Thomas Hardy takes 2 pages to describe trees and pastoral imagery in the most banal, flowery posture. However now I am hanging off the edge of my seat in anticipation to finish the book, which is the very reason I feel bad now because the minute the book starts going awry ( even more than it had previously ), was the time my interests in Tess’s story peak. Angel Clare you awful man !

Who knows I could enjoy the Tess book. Tess really deserves better, poor girl - a blighted star indeed …

After this escapade into the tragedy of a young girl from the country, I had a free period and I chose to finish off my sketchbook double page - I’ve ACTUALLY finished it now. Once again, I am stupid and old habits fester and live on so I didn’t take a photo for the blog but believe me it looks decent. I think. I hated my layout for my sketchbook at first but I soon realised I was being far too harsh. It’s good to be self-critical but not self-deprecating, I am not sure if I know the difference nowadays.



Let’s skip far far ahead because my free period doing art was extremely calm and uneventful. Break-time comes and I eat some garlic bread and relax in the Art room. 

This was also really relaxing and still, nothing to blog about by itself but it’s nice to ruminate upon. But then third period comes and a Tanjipa quirks up into the art room, Mary Janes tip-tapping and she says to me,

“Come to Sainsburys?”

“Yes!” I say,

I was actually meant to stay to do work but oh well.

So we skip ( not literally skip ) out to the neighbouring Sainsburys and go on the perilous, thrilling and high-stakes adventure of getting Tanjipa’s lunch. Sainsbury’s really is an experience for me, that makes me sound a bit pathetic I know but I like scouring the different isles for all the different foods, items and appliances they sell. We went to a mini Sainsbury’s so this sentiment is lessened due to the fact that well, the Sainsbury’s is very small but I digress. 

I was an absolute doingus and took a photo next to some cereal and some coffee packets. Whilst Tanjipa went on a hunt for some crisps. 



You can’t take me anywhere ! Ew, I don’t really mean that. I genuinely love corn flakes with my whole heart, nothing beats cornflakes and cold milk when you’re in a rush to have breakfast - cheers to cornflakes 🥂🍻 !

Tanjipa found her “Sensations” crisps and we went to the sweet section to celebrate, no I didn’t buy anything I was there for moral support because getting a meal deal is a struggle and a half. I try to be virtuous.


Tani is an alternative DJ who doubles as a magician in the evenings and I am a jester who occasionally asks you for spare change. Fashion can really communicate a lot ! Love you Tanjipa !




After we celebrated our camaraderie through laughs and giggles with an occasional dash of idiocy we head to the checkout and pay for Tanjipa’s things. When I say “we” paid for for Tani’s food, I mean that I sit there idly whilst she scans a nectar card.

We return back to school, and crack on with our artwork. Well we did artwork for a bit and then well …

Halfway through doing artwork we get a bit bored and decided to head to the canteen to say our loving friends.


Lunch hits ! Yippee ! 

 
Jacqui I love you to bits and pieces ! Flash photography !
Jackie is so photogenic 😋 !

I had roast dinner for lunch from the school canteen. It’s actually decent and relatively flavourful. I also had a cinnamon roll from the canteen, I was going to eat some fudge that I had brought from home but I forgot to. Seriously I am really forgetful it’s crazy.

After my happy lunch break, I had two lessons which were insightful, informative and interesting. I had chatted with Jacqui for my last break time which was really enjoyable as Jacqui always has intellectual and funny things to say. A good balance between “smartness” and comedy ; extremely admirable. My last lesson of the day which was an actual Art lesson was honestly pretty unproductive I didn’t do much which is a bit … yikes.

But I had some funny chats with Tanjipa and annotated some pages in my sketchbook so it really wasn’t bad at all, I hope to resume actually painting tomorrow because God knows I need to do some practical work. I’m hoping to make paintings inspired by Georg Wachberg but in saturated inks, more on that to come ooh la la.




I hope everyone had as enjoyable a day as me or even more enjoyable, gosh I don’t want to be dictatorial - you’re allowed to have whatever a day you please, whatever a day you want.

I am currently sitting in my bed with a massive unicorn Plath adjacent to my feet and brownies to my right on my desktop. Thank you to my dad for buying me such a confectionary.



I’m thinking of about four things, each differing in their importance and urgency :

1. Clear your desktop. I came home to my desktop magically cleaned, and by magically cleaned my mum must have put some things away when I went to school and I put some things away when I got home as I felt bad that she had to witness my mess. Anyways, I hope to get everything off of the desk for this upcoming weekend - it irks me that I constantly have random items strewn across my worktop even though that’s sort of the point. Whatever the case may be for my desktop atrocities, the thing must be completely cleared - except for my night lights.

2. The Sainsbury’s brownies are very enjoyable. They changed the recipe and I’m not sure if this recipe is better than the last one they had, the other ones were more soft and the newer ones have that “tray bake” appeal of being a bit more crunchy and crumbly. Both have their perks but there’s no decisive winner of the “tastier brownie competition” I have created in my head. I realise I’m eating quite a bit of junk as of recently but it isn’t too concerning as I have quite a balanced array of food that I eat everyday. Plus, brownies are a nice snack for when you Blog.


3. I wear the same necklaces everyday. I genuinely mean this. Honestly, when you wear eight to ten necklaces a day approximately ( give or take ) it is extremely hard to switch it up and display variety even though I definitely have the capacity and the facilities to do so. There’s a monotony that comes when you’ve boiled your “necklace routine” down to a science. I always wear these together : the green necklace, the rainbow necklace with wooden letters, a bird whistle from Chile which Ben Chil kindly gave me ( hi Ben Chil if you see this it was a beautiful souvenir thank you my friend ), my multicolour faux-pearl necklace with my “Allen” keychain on it, my long beaded necklace with earthy colours, a blue suede necklace with a star pendant and a teddy bear chain necklace. I need to stop wearing these necklaces together and I need to give myself the chance to wear all of my other necklaces, I can feel their sorrowful eyes dawning upon me when I go to put on jewellery. Say no to the neglectful treatment of your necklaces ! 

4. I want to make strictly sparkly glittery collage videos. Photos are cute but if you think about it videos are more “maximalistic”. With videos I can sequence my collages to music and animate them and eeeek ! I have already made two video collages, but I want to do so many more ! Decora “skiyodu” needs to be far more prominent in 2023 than she was in 2022 - YES to subcultures ! This fourth point really just consists of colloquial talk compared to my previous points but it’s okay. I an a woman of nuance and range, I believe …

With that being said, that’s the end of my ramblings !

This has been my re-run of the events which took place today, thank you so much for reading it you read the whole blog through. Even if you didn’t, I appreciate you checking out the blog endlessly !

Have an amazing night, evening, afternoon or day wherever you are in the world ! I am going to go to bed soon … yay !







,, FABULOUS (´。• ω •。`) ♡ ,, feature …

10 REASONS ,, why i ⁞ ✿ ᵒ̌ ᴥ ᵒ̌ ✿ ⁞ LURVE buckethead !!

  … deary me what am i doing … OH MY ,, ~``• here i dump all of my obsessions ,, and loves … i believe that i should try and focus my attent...