Ishmael Bernal …. 🌟🎬🌈💧




I hope to operate with the same artistic mechanism Bernal once did ,, a fearless Filipino with an eye for social commentary. Critical to the regime and sensitive to its people,, what an ingenious way of presenting the Philippines to the world.


He believed in his work so much,,
in all of its improvised,, raw glory -

 could I ever channel
 such a thing in my own work ??


I hope so,, I desire too …



An awfully nice shirt from Ishmael Bernal ,, very lush and green - the colour certainly suits him so …




A young Ishmael Bernal ,, with his mother …

He still has …

EVEN TO THIS DAY

a rather contemporary look ,, I can somewhat imagine someone wearing that now as a film student. I don’t think I would bat an eye …


This is my favourite photo of Ishmael Bernal ,, I believe this was taken in 1971 - on the set of “Boy Kodyak” with Bembol Roco and Charo Santos-Concio. 

I love EVERYTHING 

about this PHOTO …



I enjoy Bernal’s lackadaisical posture ,, very whimsical. I enjoy his silky shirt it seems and his glasses and hat with his elegant boots ,, he looks very quaint and elegant and yet approachable.


Some people just have a particular penchant for intrigue it seems …

,, FABULOUS (´。• ω •。`) ♡ ,, feature …

10 REASONS ,, why i ⁞ ✿ ᵒ̌ ᴥ ᵒ̌ ✿ ⁞ LURVE buckethead !!

  … deary me what am i doing … OH MY ,, ~``• here i dump all of my obsessions ,, and loves … i believe that i should try and focus my attent...